Welcome to the podcast lesson!
Here is the podcast:
Here is the text: I have two dogs. They are very beautiful. I haven’t got a cat. I’ve got a brother. His name is Paul. I don’t have a sister. I’ve got a bike, but I haven’t got a car.
I have = I’ve got
1. I have (+ noun)
I have two dogs.
I have a piano.
I have six cousins.
I have a white jacket.
2. I’ve got (+ noun)
(I’ve = I have)
I’ve got friends in Canada.
I’ve got a problem!
I’ve got no time.
I’ve got a new book.
I don’t have = I haven’t got
3. I don’t have (+ noun)
(don’t = do not)
I don’t have blue eyes.
I don’t have a dog.
I don’t have long hair.
I don’t have a watch today.
4. I haven’t got (+ noun)
(haven’t = have not)
I haven’t got any money!
I haven’t got a brother.
I haven’t got the book.
I haven’t got a car.
If you like this lesson, please share it on Facebook! Thanks
noun + to be verb (is/are) + possessive of noun (“noun’s”) + noun
William + is + Kate’s + husband
1. Patch is Emma’s cat. OR Emma is Patch’s owner.
2. Tina is Annie’s mother. OR Annie is Tina’ daughter.
3. Rich is Rob’s twin brother. OR Rob is Rich’s twin brother.
4. Carl is Hannah’s husband. OR Hannah is Carl’s wife.
5. Jack is Jenny’s grandfather. OR Jenny is Jack’s granddaughter.
6. Ali is Fatima’s brother. OR Fatima is Ali’s sister.
7. Yvette is Harriette and Belinda’s mother. OR Harriette and Belinda are Yvette’s daughters.
Harriette is Belinda’s sister OR Belinda is Harriette’s sister.
8. Elizabeth is Gee-Gee’s owner. OR Gee-Gee is Elizabeth’s horse.
9. Ahmed is Rahim’s father. OR Rahim is Ahmed’s son.
10. Fabio is Elisabetta’s cousin. OR Elisabetta is Fabio’s cousin.
11. Mike and Paula are Ian’s uncle and aunt. OR Ian is Mike and Paula’s nephew.
Mike is Paula’s husband. OR Paula is Mike’s wife.
12. Tomas and Ingrid are Ronald’s great-nephew and great-niece. OR Ronald is Tomas and Ingrid’s great-uncle.
Tomas is Ingrid’s brother. OR Ingrid is Tomas’s sister.
See you next lesson!